Curriculum Vitae (October 2017)
- 2017 Schacht R & Smith KR. Causes and consequences of adult sex ratio imbalance in a historical US population. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B, 372 (1729), 20160314.
- 2017 Schacht R, Kramer KL, Székely T, & Kappeler PM. Adult sex ratios and reproductive strategies: a critical re-examination of sex differences in human and animal societies. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B, 372 (1729), 20160309.
- 2017 Kramer KL, Schacht R, & Bell AV. Adult sex ratios and partner scarcity among hunter-gatherers: implications for dispersal patterns and the evolution of human sociality. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B. 372 (1729), 20160316.
- 2016 Schacht R, Tharpe D, and Smith KR. Marriage markets and male mating effort: violence and crime are elevated where men are rare. Human Nature.
- 2016 Schacht R and Bell, AV. The evolution of monogamy in response to partner scarcity. Nature Scientific Reports.
- 2016 Schacht R and Kramer KL. Patterns of Family Formation in Response to Sex Ratio Variation. PLoS ONE 11(8).
- 2015 Schacht R and Grote M. Partner Choice Decision Making and the Integration of Multiple Cues. Evolution and Human Behavior.
- 2015 Schacht R and Borgerhoff Mulder M. Sex Ratio Effects on Reproductive Strategies in Humans. Royal Society Open Science.
- 2014 Schacht R, Rauch, KL and Borgerhoff Mulder, M. Too many men: the violence problem? ? Trends in Ecology and Evolution 29, 214-222.
- 2013 Schacht R. Cassava and the Makushi: A Shared History of Resiliency and Transformation. In Food and Identity in the Caribbean, edited by Hanna Garth, 15-29. Berg Publishers, London.
- 2012 Borgerhoff Mulder M. and Schacht R. Human Behavioural Ecology. The Encyclopedia of Life Sciences. Wiley-Blackwell.
- 2009 Borgerhoff Mulder M, Schacht R, Caro T, Schacht J, and Caro B. Knowledge and Attitudes of Children of the Rupununi: Implications for Conservation in Guyana. Biological Conservation 142, 879-887.
- 2008 Schacht R. A Gap in Sudanese Refugee Resettlement. Current Anthropology 49(4), 543.
- 2008 Willis MS, Esqueda CW, and Schacht R. Social Perceptions of Individuals Missing Upper Front Teeth. Perceptual and Motor Skills 106, 423-435.
- 2005 Schacht R. Female and Male Perceptions of Attractiveness: What is Attractive and Why? The Nebraska Anthropologist 20, 63-69.
- 2005 Willis, M.S., R. Schacht and R. Toothaker (2005) Anterior Dental Extractions among Dinka and Nuer Refugees in the United States: A Case Series. Special Care in Dentistry 25(4), 193-198.
Encyclopedia, Review, Commentary, and Popular Articles
- 2017 Schacht, R. Sociobiology. Encyclopedia of Political Behavior. SAGE.
- 2014 Schacht R, Rauch KL, and Borgerhoff Mulder M. Men behaving badly: the real danger of having too many boys? New Scientist. October 4th, 28-29.
- 2013 Schacht R. Review: Evolution and Human Sexual Behavior. American Journal of Human Biology 25(6), 857-858.
- 2008 Schacht R. Biological Adaptations and their Influence on Health during Economic Modernization. Current Anthropology 49(6), 960.
- 2008 Schacht R. Big Hips = Brainy Babies? Current Anthropology 49(5), 767.
- 2008 Schacht R. Human Estrus. Current Anthropology 49(4), 542.
- 2008 Schacht R. Preference for Novelty. Current Anthropology 49(3), 360.